We celebrate being a diverse community of individuals who work together in faith and care.
The Church Council at St. Columba is responsible for the governance of the church comprised of chairs or appointed representatives of the different church committees. Committees include:
• Christian Life Connie Starr (combined worship, Sunday School, bible study and outreach)
• Ministry & Personnel Carolyn McKibbin
• Building and Property Robert Fyles
As well a number of individuals sit on the council
• Regional representative Judy Fyles
• Synod representative Sheila Cook
• Rector's Warden Robert Fyles email: wardens (at) stcolumbaporthardy.ca
• People's Warden Priscilla O'Neill email: wardens (at) stcolumbaporthardy.ca
• Envelope secretary Carolyn McKibbin
• Treasurer Judy Fyles
Judy Fyles is the current Chair of Council. Correspondence can be addressed to the Council Secretary, Robert Fyles. Their contact information is on the Staff page.
Additional Committees and Groups
Port Alice: While a member from the church in Port Alice does not always attend the monthly council meeting, a report is made on the happenings from this congregation.
Ecumenical Society: The St. Columba land and the building moved here were originally donated to three denominations. United Church and Anglican Church members sit on this overarching governace Society. Until 2017 the Roman Catholic Church (St. Bonaventure) were also members of the society. Chair: Sheila Cook.
Altar Group: Joy Magpatoc and Sheila Cook, coordinators